Education

No reopening of schools yet, FG tells Nigerians

By Eric Olusesan

The Federal Ministry of Education has urged Nigerians to disregard some false news flying around that the Federal Government had directed the reopening of schools.

The ministry’s Director of Press, Ben Goong, said on Sunday that there was no such directive from the minister, Adamu Adamu, as everyone had been instructed to work from home due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Parents, guardians and stakeholders must not be misled by fake news but should continue to abide by the Federal Government’s regulations to tackle the ravaging pandemic.

He said, “On the issue of reopening of schools, the ministry has not directed the reopening of any school at any level. The purported press release by the minister to that effect is a clear forgery as it did not emanate from the minister.

“Parents, students and the general public are advised to please disregard the fake release. There is also another story making the rounds that the Federal Government has blamed the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities on vice-chancellors. At no time did any Federal Government official make that kind of statement.

“Any insinuation in that direction is simply emanating from the fertile imagination of the author and that the ministry has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Stakeholders and indeed the general public should disregard such statements. Stay at home, stay safe. Let’s work from home like I’m doing. Only the living can work or worship.”

0 0 votes
Article Rating
towncrierng

Recent Posts

RIVERS PDP TURNS WIKE LOYALISTS TO SECURITY GUARDS, PLANS DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE

By Memoye Oghu The acting chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers state,…

2 months ago

Fake News! No presidential order to reinstate Obasa

  Claims that President Bola Tinubu has ordered the reinstatement of former Lagos State House…

2 months ago

Comptroller Babandede Charges Newly Promoted Officers On Greater Service and Competence

  The Customs Controller, Area 2 Command, Onne, Comptroller Muhammad Babandede has charged newly promoted…

2 months ago

Activist slams Obasa: Warns against provoking Lagos unrest

    Dr. Wale Ajewunmi, a prominent civil and political rights activist, has urged former…

2 months ago

Lagos Assembly fires back: Obasa’s impeachment stands

  The Lagos State House of Assembly has firmly responded to former Speaker Mudashiru Obasa’s…

2 months ago

Rivers: Supreme Court Fixes February 10 To Hear Five Cases

  The Supreme Court, today, fixed February 10, 2025, for the hearing of five separate…

2 months ago